The Best Employers Eastern Region initiative aims to facilitate discussion between organisations to share best practice and ideas on employee engagement.
Following completion of each Best Employers Eastern Region Survey, Pure and eras Ltd have co-hosted participative forums which explore leadership and employee engagement, in addition to learning about the key trends across the Eastern Region and national comparisons.
In our past forums we have heard from a range of business leaders from organisations across the region including AstraZeneca, Adnams, Benefit Cosmetics, Birketts, Beckett Investment Management, Cambridge Consultants, Grant Thornton and Treatt plc who have discussed a variety of topics including:
- Leading and driving change whilst keeping staff involved and engaged
- The power of a bold ambition
- Building a loyal and engaged workforce whilst growing a successful business
- How to get the most from employee surveys and lessons learned
- Developing the employee brand to drive recruitment
- Business transformation starting with your people
Delegates also have the opportunity to learn from each other through facilitated discussion groups. Previous topics have included the findings of David MacLeod and Nita Clarke’s report ‘Engaging for Success’, sharing ‘The Four Enablers of Engagement’ that are prevalent amongst organisations with high employee engagement scores:.
- Visible, empowering leadership, providing a strong strategic narrative for where the company has come from and where its headed.
- Engaging managers who treat their people individually, coach and stretch their people
- Ensuring the employee voice is heard, where employees are seen as central to the future developments.
- Organisational integrity where values are genuinely reflected in behaviour across the organisation.
- Attendees of the autumn seminars will also find out who has won the prestigious awards!